The Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce has small staff of 1.5 people but a large responsibility. There is a 15-member volunteer Board of Directors. Volunteers called Community Hosts man the office, Visitors Center and the Railroad Museum to greet our guests and support the Chamber work. Other volunteers round out the chamber workforce.
The office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are working hard for our members and may be at a meeting or event, so if the office is closed, please feel free to leave a message on the board outside the door or leave a message at 512-237-2313.
What We Do:
Promote Smithville area businesses and the City of Smithville to local residents and to attract tourism, facilitate and provide community services with recreational events (see EVENTS) and committee functions, provide information to visitors and newcomers, and promote benefits of Smithville to potential residents and businesses, including the film industry. Yes, we do keep busy, and we love it.
Why Should I Join?
Membership Benefits for Businesses (all size) and Non-Profit Organizations (all size)
- Chamber membership extends to every employee in your organization.
- Referrals from Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce staff & volunteers
- Chamber Membership Plaque
- Member Profile Page** on the Chamber Website (powered by Chamber Master/Growth Zone)
- Category Listing** on our Chamber Website
- Listing in the Online and Printed Business Directory** & Visitor’s Guide
- Access to Membership Information Center (MIC) via web or iPhone/Android app
- Subscription to informative Chamber E-Blast emails
- Celebratory Ribbon Cutting event exclusively featuring your business or organization.
- Complimentary Notary Service
- Complimentary use of Chamber Conference Room (by appointment only)
- Invitation to contribute Logo Promotional Items to New Member Bags
- Invitation to contribute Logo Promotional Items to Welcome Bags at Smithville ISD New Staff orientation.
- Chamber Logo Badge for use on your website
- Ability to post Hot Deals and Job Opportunities online.
- Display business cards or rack cards in Chamber Lobby / Visitor’s Center
- Opportunity to sponsor a Chamber event
- Opportunity to sponsor/host a Chamber Mixer
- Opportunity to sponsor scholarships via our We Support Smithville ISD program.
- Opportunities to serve on committees for increased community influence, network building and volunteer impact.
** Upgrade or Enhancement available with fee