The Smithville Area Chamber of Commerce has small staff of 1.5 people but a large responsibility. There is a 15-member volunteer Board of Directors. Volunteers called Community Hosts man the office, Visitors Center and the Railroad Museum to greet our guests and support the Chamber work. Other volunteers round out the chamber workforce.
The office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are working hard for our members and may be at a meeting or event, so if the office is closed, please feel free to leave a message on the board outside the door or leave a message at 512-237-2313.
What We Do:
Promote Smithville area businesses and the City of Smithville to local residents and to attract tourism, facilitate and provide community services with recreational events (see EVENTS) and committee functions, provide information to visitors and newcomers, and promote benefits of Smithville to potential residents and businesses, including the film industry. Yes, we do keep busy, and we love it.
Why Should I Join?
- Listing in the Business Directory by category with index by name
- Complete, searchable listing in the website Business Directory with link to your business’ website
- Opportunity to enjoy enhanced marketing on Chamber website
- Networking opportunities throughout the year with Smithville Area Chamber members and with other Chambers in the county
- Chance to stay “plugged in” to the Smithville area business community
- Monthly newsletter mailed
- Ability to vote for Smithville’s Citizen of the Year
- Keep tri-fold brochures or business cards at the Chamber office
- Opportunity to run co-op advertising with other similar businesses
- A fun way to support the community during events with sponsorships AND promote your business!